I love sushi, and rice noodles and anything that is easy to whip up and tastes yummy!! It is so easy to get into a rut eating the same foods over and over until you don’t want to touch them with a ten-foot pole! I hope this quick recipe helps you out with enjoying your food!
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
- 1 Lb Raw Shrimp
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 5-7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cups of organic chicken broth
- 2 cups of water ** you could use 8 of broth*
- 1 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1 TBSP Fish Sauce
- 1 TBSP of coconut aminos
- 2 TSP sesame oil
- 1 large Carrot
- 2 Cups of Broccoli
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Can of Baby Corn
- 1 Can of sliced water chestnuts
- 250g of Rice Noodles
- Green onions
- Crushed Red Flake Peppers
- Cook your noodles according to your package and let them sit until we have our broth ready
- Ribbon your carrot using a vegetable peeler. Chop your broccoli up into small to medium pieces. Drain the water off your canned baby corn and water chestnuts.
- Create your broth, chicken stock, water, tomato paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, sesame oil, carrots, sprouts, corn, broccoli, chestnuts. Simmer, don’t boil your broth!
- Heat oil, garlic and ginger in a frying pan on medium heat 2-3 minutes, add the shrimp. I like to rinse, detail and then pat the shrimp down dry on paper towel to ensure the extra moisture is removed. Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes/side.
- Add the shrimp to your broth, as well as some green onion, let simmer for another couple of minutes (total cook time should be about 20 minutes)
- Dish out individual portions, add your cilantro and crushed red flake pepper for taste. If you like spice add it, if you don’t then skip it!